Wednesday, May 31, 2006

And the show goes on....

Khaleej Times: Ajman disconnects power supply to bachelors’ flats in residential areas

"Power was disconnected at labourers and bachelors’ accommodations in Al Bustan, Al Zahra, and Al Nuaimiya areas by the Ajman Municipality to force them to move to the Industrial Area. Due to complaints by the public and a report published in your favourite No.1 newspaper Khaleej Times on December 29, 2005, about the disturbance and insecurity caused by the labourers in residential areas, the municipality has decided to move them to industrial areas"

Yes! Another instance of discrimination.

As per Khaleej Times, these labourers have been living in a "residential" area. And since they are bachelors they have been causing trouble in the neighbourhood. Damn evildoers, the lot of them, I tell ya.

Residents have complained about the "insecurity" (KT needs to go and enroll in some English classes) and disturbances in the area. (There are a few guys in our vicinity who hang around and smoke ciggies to late in the night. Residents - mainly some western and arab women - complain that they feel uncomfortable with them around. Thats it. Yep. Thats it. They were uncomfortable. The guys didn't do anything but hang out. So the cops now have stopped them from their nightly ciggie-filled mischief.).

So now these miscreants in Ajman are being made to move to a labour camp, whose owners have promptly doubled the rent (gotta love opportunists who feed on misery). So these people now have nowhere to go and have stuck on in the same place.

Of course this has angered the powers that be who have gone ahead and shut off the power. This is always a good move if you want to make a point to those miserable lowlife labourers.

What we have here once again is a second round knockout of rights and equality.

Here is what really gets to me about this:

Why the hell does it mean that if you are a bachelor you are automatically scum and people assume you are a perv?

How can the actions of a few bachelors be attributed on their entire community and the whole community is made to pay the price (I mean isn't this what a lot of the people here are fighting agains't - the actions of a few terrorists being blamed on the whole population)?

What happened to atleast a warning or action against the ones who are causing the disturbances?

Where is the law? Aren't you innocent until guilty (in this case of disturbance)? - In fact they don't even have proof of these disturbances. An official even goes onto say - “some Asian workers are allegedly causing public disturbance and indulging in ‘unethical’ behaviour that is not accepted in our conservative society.”

And worst of all..... Khaleej Times' pride in the fact that they reported this - "Due to complaints by the public and a report published in your favourite No.1 newspaper Khaleej Times on December 29, 2005, about the disturbance and insecurity caused by the labourers in residential areas, the municipality has decided to move them to industrial areas." - almost like they are incredibly happy about the fact that they have made an already tough life, even worse for our boys in blue.

You are supposed to be fighting for justice and equality KT, not destroying their lives. You miserable cretins.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOL at "insecurity" Khaleej Times rocks!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Woke said...

Hopeless. Especially if it is KT who is going to stand for peoples rights.

And is there someway I can do a search and delete for the quote of the century "your favourite no:1 newspaper..". It gets on my nerves.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

Khaleej "Cretin Filled" Times is quite easily the worst newspaper in the world.

The absolute pits is the Comment section.

12:21 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

Ya Saby (yes you earthbound misfit) Do you know Cynthia and Etian?

1:52 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

The only Cynthia I know is in Abu Dhabi - Dont think that would be the same one.

You see I too am in the Marketing industry so we most probably travel in the same circles.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

Hey BK.

what the hell is a SABY?? Why you calling me SABY??

3:04 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

Saby is the word for boy in arabic.

In my book I only call someone saby if i like them ..

I assumed you were a saby maybe I'm wrong .. who knows .. correct me before I make anymore assumptions and we both end up being asses.

3:13 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

as for same circles .. I'm not sure .. I really don't hang out with all the snobby lebs .. my friends are a mix of a bit of everything .. some ive known since i was in high school and some I just met a year ago ..

in any case .. we should get together ..

3:15 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

ok the assumption was correct ..just checked your blog for indications of your gender
im not an ass and neither are you. phew ..

and don't call me BK by the way .. I'm not a burger ..

As for Cynthia .. Cynthia is sweety's sister. Etian is one of the gang she hangs out with .. on Thursday nights when they all get down and boogeeeeyyyy ..

3:18 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

ah. I have had my arabic lesson for the day (although it is disappointing as I would have much rather preferred to have learnt a swear word - oh well)

Ok. So Sweety has a sister. I guess the sis lucked out with the better name.

Well, I dont really hang out with the Lebanese Mafia either.

I think I will stick to calling you BK. Has a nice ring to it.

Anyway.... back to work (2 more hours and counting - not that I have anything interesting to do in the evening other than bitch and moan about everything)

3:52 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

Yeah the sis lucked out with the name and thats about it ..

the man shes got draped on her arms ... well .. who am I to pick at it .. I'm having trouble starting up a male harem of worthy members and I'm supposed to be a hottie .. OH WELL ..

as for the swear words .. you have to pay for that ..

BK = Burger King .. and I certainly have nothing to do with that.. call me bebe call me kaos .. call me darling call me sweetheart .. hell call me woman .. just not BK

4:06 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

and you can chat with me on msn if u got nothing better to do!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

cool.

I have pulled a runner and come home to start the weekend deviousness early. Woo Hoo.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

I try....

Anyway, this Khaleej Times Activism is really getting annoying. Now they have latched onto the need for workers to work at night instead of day.

6:20 AM  
Blogger BreastImplants said...

AHAHAHAHA....
Yeah baby, call her sweetheart, why don't you?
I should read your blog more often, if only for the lovesick comments.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

BI,

Lovesick comments??

Now don't you go accusing me of lovesick comments.

Sick? I might be. Miserable? maybe. Insufferable, definitely. But Lovesick? no sirreee.

On a separate note:

Show of hands: We need to drop some Napalm on the world cup

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home