Sunday, May 21, 2006

Enough Already

A story that just keeps refusing to die is the one about Gabriella Matar.

For those who don't know: Gabriella Matar was a 14 yr old girl who went out on a quad bike with her friend in meadows. Unfortunately they got into an accident where Gabriella was mortally wounded and passed away.

Now, you would think this sad story would have been laid to rest. And as a social cause, the relatives would be trying to educate the public about the dangers of quad bikes and importance of safety.

That would seem like the reasonable and noble thing to do but instead we have a mother who seems to have focused all her energies on trying to find someone to blame. 7 Days


The mother of Gabriella seems determined to blame this accident on anything and anybody from the father of the driver, to the driver, to the quad bike manufacturer. To top this, she is now attempting to file a case against the security guards for not stopping the quad bike driver.

How in the name of hell, is a security guard going to stop some kids from driving quads. So I guess some poor, underpaid, overworked, disrespected subcontinental security guard is also responsible for your parenting mistakes.

It doesn't stop there. Our candidate for mom of the year, is also trying to file a case against the boy's father (for buying him the quad and failing to supervise his kid).

HOLD ON. The father of the boy is being sued for failing to supervise his kid.... Shouldn't you be supervising your kid as well, ma'am.

And finally, there is also indication that she is planning a civil case for damages..... aaaaah, so thats what this is all about.

Just a word of advice ma'am. YOU are responsible for your kids well being. No one forced her to sit on the quad. YOU should have instilled safety procedures into your kid. NO ONE else is responsible, not the driver, not the father of the driver, not the quad bike company, not the security guards, not the lamp post, not the road makers, and not the petrol company. STOP passing the blame.

Shame on you ma'am, shame on you.

11 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

I thought the same. At the end of the day the young girl was driving the bike herself.

You can understand her immense, continuing grief, but this kind of litigation is not a suitable remedy.

12:45 AM  
Blogger samuraisam said...

I smell bankruptcy.

From what I heard, the girls mother worked 2 jobs, and never took holidays just so she could send her kid to a good school; in which case, after the death, i'd imagine she stopped working for a while...

1:23 AM  
Blogger Seabee said...

I keep wondering about these mind-boggling cases and I've come to the conclusion that it must help them to believe that they're not guilty.

If any court agrees with her she can then say 'see, I wasn't responsible, the court said so'.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

There was a similar case to this one as well.

In the springs - Meadows area.

A father lost his daughter when he wasn't paying attention at the community pool.

Then tried to pass the blame onto the management for not having any lifeguards...

2:38 AM  
Blogger CG said...

If she knew the boy had been riding around for a few weeks and nobody had done anything to stop him, then why WHY didn't this mother call the police herself....kindof neighborhood watch stuff.

4:51 AM  
Blogger secretdubai said...

Earthbound - sorry about the humour vacuum on my blog today - I have tried to correct things: http://secretdubai.blogspot.com/2006/05/impoverished-hopelessness.html

5:16 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

thanks sd.

no worries....

5:52 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

I'm sure it was really hard and still is for her to accept her loss but the more she's in denial the more she isn't going to move on with her life .. I don't want to think there's monetary reasons behind the fuss she's kicking up .. but for the girl's sake I hope her mom does more to make her memory a good one and not a bad one ..

12:15 PM  
Blogger inmotion said...

she lost her husband on 9/11.

Her daughter was her only ..

5:42 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Hi,
I just read ur comments about me, i am Gabriella's Mother. I would like to meet you please? i would like you to look me in the eye and tell me what u wrote, explain to me what u mean by underpaid security staff, when my husband died in 2001 my salary was 4117dhs inclusive of all! please meet with me, maybe just maybe u will learn someting! my number is 050 5941659 my name is sonia.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

I am still waiting for u to meet me, even for those who commented negative about me and my duaghter, I am ready to meet with all of u maybe it will teach u not to pre judge people! or u are strong only behind the pc? cant u face me and say what u have to say to my face? how dare u write stuff about someone u dont know? its not enough i am going through hell missing the love of my life and u sit there and judge me? who the hell do u think u r? come on u coward just show me ur face!maybe u should write about the hookers in this city and the men who spend their money on them, instead of writing about a mother who worked even weekends to look after her daughter! what do u think really happened anyway? do u really know the whole story? all of u who commented do u know exactly what happened? she wasnt even driving, her best friend lied, they said Gabriella is gone why ruin the future of her classmate?!its not enough her loss i have to live what all that lies! they didnt even call me or pay their condolences! u can say what u want but she cudnt even drive a normal bike, somehow i will upload that video that her friend mariam sent me where Gab is trying to learn how to ride a bike, just look at her she was an angel with every meaning of the word!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home