Sunday, June 25, 2006

Back in Pooptown

After an extremely relaxing holiday (which didnt do anything to make me any less bitter) I am back in this town we call Hilton Keynes.

The first feeling that hit me was a wave of nausea as soon as I stepped out of the plane (partly due to the heat and partly due to the security guard at the gate who must have been sweating Oud - I sh*t you not. The guy was a walking oud well.)

This was followed by misery as I knew I would have to face work today and the sight of about 500 unread emails always makes me cry for my momma.

Finally, I was hit by a tsunami of incredulousness (more on this later) this morning.


But onto happy news. Something to warm the heart and to show us that there are pockets of humnanity/generosity in this Bling-obsessed town.

Winner donates his prize to Newsboy

A winner of Gulf news Dhs 10K jackpot has donated it to his newsboy.

I salute you sir. You are a better man than most of us (better than me definitely). You are a good man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seabee said...

Hang on, back a step or two. A nice gesture by the winner, but he most certainly did not donate his prize to the newsboy.

What he did was: Virani, a chartered accountant with a bank, wanted to share his good fortune with him.

He emptied his wallet and handed over the cash to Johar, the first time a winner has shared a part of his good fortune

5:13 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

Thanks for the correction seabee.

Its still a great gesture nonetheless.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home