Sunday, June 04, 2006

Getting ready for the death threats

KT - June 4th Shops still selling Danish products.

Apparently some shops in Abu Dhabi are selling Danish products (the non-conformist asses).

And above and beyond that they have commited the grave sin of not informing buyers about it as witnessed by Abdullah Khaled, a Khaleej Times reader, says: "Abu Dhabi shopping centers bluffed consumers and sold them boycotted Danish products. I once bought a dairy product. Later, I discovered that it was made in Denmark. My wife got angry with me, and wondered how I bought such "filthy" products from a country that arrogantly defamed our great Prophet (peace be upon him), and neither it nor its government wanted to express apology. Was it that easy for you? It was a great shock to us all. I rushed back to the centre, and angrily requested a comment on that violation."

So here we go again.

Some people are upset that some shops have Danish products and want the shops to ban them.

Well, let me introduce you to this wonderful concept called Freedom of Choice.

The Shops CHOOSE to put Danish products for sale. And you CHOOSE whether you want to buy these products.

And for all those people who are anti-danes, you would be surprised to know that quite a few people would keep buying Danish products knowingly.


And to top it off:

Somewhere along the line Denmark and all its citizens are being blamed for these "offensive" cartoons.

A quick lesson - The cartoons were printed by an INDEPENDANT newspaper and as such the government or the people cannot be held responsible. The government is not the one you should be asking an apology (its like telling you, that you are responsible for the terrorist acts and we want an apology).

The irony in all of this is that the offended parties are quick to tar a whole nation with the same brush as the newspaper. At the same time these offended parties keep stating that the actions of the terrorists are not a reflection on their peaceful religion or the residents of the middle east.

But of course the above is irrelevant since we all know there is one standard/rule for the Middle East and one for the rest of the world.

So what I am going to do is Demand an apology from all of the middle east.
An apology from Saudi for 9/11. An apology from Pakistan for the London bombings. An apology from all other countries for various wrong doings (too many to list). An apology for the racism, the treatment of workers, the appalling human rights etc etc etc and finally a personal apology to me for the driving on the road, an apology for the bathing in perfume, an apology for the Visible Panty Lines, an apology from KT for just being atrocious and finally an apology for just plain offending me by putting your ugly face in my field of view.

The point I am making is its a time for dialogue and understanding................

17 Comments:

Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

The first is valid but the second isn't.

I can point out where the London bombers got their training and financing from.

We all know that there are a few countries in the Middle East that support these kind of people.

Also these people did their acts in the name of religion. So do we now blame the religion?

So why is the Middle East blaming Denmark for the newspaper?

4:54 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

Interesting

I feel that you are on to something here.

To blantantly put it .. you punish the people for the government's mistake. They are after all their representatives because ehem " it was the people that put them in power "

Everytime something like this comes up I remember why I hate this fake pr campaign that is supposed to be called democracey these days .. its all BS .. all of it .. the richer get richer and the poorer get poorer and if ur in the middle ur lucky if u can sustain yourself another month ..

but thats just the tip of the iceberg of all the problems this messed up global community has ..

however I think we're at a transition stage. alot of what's going on is going to define some serious things for the next generation .. if I ever have kids I'm going to be ashamed to tell them that my generation had nothing to fight for .. not a single element of human decencey was included in our life long quest to be basic humans.

5:56 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

you just gave me another excellent idea for a blog!

stay tuned!

you inspire me!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

Well, you can't punish the government for what an independant newspaper published.

Anyway, I feel like I am flogging a dead horse sometimes.

I am going to go back to my game of Slang-Scrabble (bored at work as you can tell)

6:07 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

Wow, So I guess I am like a muse.

This is the second time.

I might have to start charging.

6:07 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

do you ever get any work done?

and if you start charging me I'll have to send out my minions to get those knee caps of yours ..

6:28 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

Nope. I dont plan to work in the near or distant future. Coasting along is what I believe in. he he.

BK, you are one to talk. Can you spend any more time blogging?? fer gad's sake.

6:38 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

shut up .. im a multitasker like you ain't never seen before in your life .. I type about 90 wpm and I talk a mile a minute or can't you tell .. and to begin with im in a business where all I do is talk ..

I believe in maximising potential of time .. get the most of what you can!

6:48 AM  
Blogger secretdubai said...

If it's any consolation, I have boycotted Saudi products ever since the Danish cartoons.

I bought French butter when Lurpak wasn't available, and I buy RAK chicken never Saudi chicken.

Not quite sure what I'll do this Ramadan vis-a-vis Saudi Bateel dates, I'll probably stick to the fat juicy American ones (one of the few American products I ever buy) in Spinneys.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Mise said...

Hey Secret Dubai, you've got to try Kerrygold Irish butter .... it's delicious and much cheaper here than it is in Ireland! ... and I don't work for the Irish Dairy Board :) ... and Blinging ... that's a pretty good list to be going on with, except the bathing in perfume ... I quite like that ...especially if it's an Arabic mix...mmmmmmm.....

10:18 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

I have avoided Saudi products for years now.

I am never supporting a the economy of a country that does not believe in human rights.

8:28 PM  
Blogger inmotion said...

dear god i hope ssosw is being sarcastic.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

SSOW,

I agree the US is flawed. The Iraq war is an illegal war.

BUT. Most of the innocents that have been killed in Iraq have been by the militants/terrorists.

How can the U.S be blamed for the actions of some religious extremists whose only agenda is to rule the country.

I find it funny how nobody says anything against these terrorists who bomb innocents but if the U.S kills a few people by mistake, the U.S is demonized.

To be very very frank. I would rather have the U.S dominate the world than any of these terrorists (an lets not call them freedom fighters. If they were so obsessed with freedom why weren't they fighting during Saddam's Genocidal regime).

Also, how come when Saddam gassed the Kurds and killed hundreds of thousands we didnt hear a peep out of anyone in the middle east.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

SSOW,

Your comment stays. No censorship here.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

SSOW,

I agree the U.S is guilty of gross violations of human rights.

BUT. These kind of violations, when they are found out, are generally punished and the public and the media at the very least bash the government for it.

When it comes to places like Saudi, a person cannot even raise his voice against the atrocities there. And the atrocities there are an everyday occurance.

Honestly, everyone - would you rather live in Saudi or the US (your economic situation being the same)?

1:25 AM  
Blogger BreastImplants said...

There's nothing like Lurpak butter. Seriously.

Meh, hypocritical, what can I say? All other religions can be denigrated, but not theirs.

8:09 PM  
Blogger black feline said...

it's time to move on...damages done on both sides...pick up the pieces and lets agree to disagree...nothing to talk about...at least for a while. Who ever started the fire got burnt...as simple as that!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home