Saturday, July 01, 2006

Thank you Rooney

Tonight was a great night. No, not cos England lost but cos I won.

I won multiple bets. You see every couple of years I bet against England in that year's major footie championship. No, not cos I hate them (I support them as a matter of fact) but cos it is a surefire way to make some money....

You just have to know which round England will lose in....

Simple rules to follow:

  • How many English fans in the stadium (more there are more likely the team will lose - something about hearing all those hearts rip at the same time)
  • Are they playing someone who seems to have beaten them in a major match sometime in the past.
  • On Paper - England looks to match up very well and should win the game.
  • Are there any 6ft 7 guys on the team who look like they are a puppet on strings when they kick the ball.
  • Are there any numskulls on the pitch (Rooney sure made up for Bekham's absence)?

If you get more than three positive answers then England will surely lose. The beauty of this system is that it has never let me down yet... All you have to do is find some loyal english fans to bet against.

And you know if it comes down to Penalty kicks, England WILL lose (nothing typified this better than when my friend slid over the 500 bucks we had on this game, even before the kicks were taken - just knew it was inevitable.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Taunted said...

You have profiteered from The Beatiful Game, and from The Holiest of Teams.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

I am.... I can barely look at myself anymore....

But I guess that money will help me get over it.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:17 AM  
Blogger inmotion said...

now you can pay off your debt to me!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

BK,

Not if you keep acting all bitter and mean....

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home