Saturday, August 05, 2006

Blah! and Ibn Sh****ta Mall

Blah! is the only word I can use to describe life these days. As times just seem to get worse in general and everything wrong seems to be giving a collective "Bonk on the head" to the last battalions of decency and common sense.

I guess, the temperature and the maddening traffic doesn't help either. Has life in the sandlands ever been this Blah?

And to add to the giant turd of evil, is Ibn Battuta Mall.

Their decision to ban the boys in blue just adds to the stink of the already rotting corpse of human rights.

I absolutely love their decision to ban bachelors and the shabbily dressed on Fridays. It gives them the chance to turn around and smile condescendingly as they point out that "Fridays are for families. They can come back any other day." This knowing full well, that the working class can only come on Fridays.

Well, I guess since the boys in blue are not good enough for Ibn Battuta Mall, I am definitely not good enough either. And so I shall continue my boycott...........

And if you believe that Ibn Battuta is wrong, then boycott it as well.
Spread the word, tell everyone....... BOYCOTT IBN BATTUTA






p.s: Wouldn't it have been something if all those countries practiced a "No Sweaty World Traveller Day" when Ibn Battuta came alling all those years ago? We wouldn't have this crappy mall now, at the very least

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip Bro but we've always preferred the Old Souq be it in Deira or Bur Dubai. Ibn B or Mall of the E are some sort of gawdy monstrosity, a total rip off and not much variety, no class either.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Seabee said...

You're right, the old souks and shopping areas are where the bargains are and the atmosphere is.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

I am new to Dubai. I hate now these malls. How I can find Old Souq? Directions?

- Gia

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anonymous - 6:53 AM; ask any cab driver to take you there; Deira or Bur Dubai and voila, you're there! Happy shopping, don't spend all your bucks at one place.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

I could understand if the boys in blue as you call them were banned from ogling at women on the beaches etc. but banning them from shopping malls is typical Dubai racism at its best.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Desert Lady: Is it ok if men in white or anything-other-than-blue ogle at women on the beaches etc?

Some animals are more equal than the others. Indeed.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Yes, I barely think that your comment deserves a reply, however, seems as you're desperately tryinjg to get my attention i will say this.

This topic was about the specific people that have been banned from shopping malls, and i said i could 'understand' it NOT that I think they should do it.

Quit looking for an arguement. Indeed.b

5:48 AM  
Blogger Mme Cyn said...

Bling --I absolutely agree with you. I am flabbergasted that anyone would deny a one group of people access to a public place and even have the nerve to openly, officially make such a pronouncement. Even here in the most racist place I've ever lived (and I have lived in some xenophobic countries), I was shocked. How these guys are treated is appalling. I, too, avoid the Ibn Battuta Mall.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Earthbound Misfit said...

Good on ya MME CYN

I hope more people avoid IBN Sharmuta

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

banned IBM...as so did many places...sadly it isnt going to make any difference...

one day these mall guys are going to the dogs...whether we boycott or not..

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I hope that all you people don't go to bin Battuta, so that I can go there and shop with a piece of mind =D
So when will you boycott dubai??
I am hopeing and praying for that amazing day!!!!

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. cheap european calls Nuhair and hair loss and clinical study or Buick collector hair loss shampoo http://www.small-titties.info/Blondes-with-guns.html nutritional loss hair supplements Suzuki online parts oem Wireless+plans+pay+by+the+second Free gay por J p morgan bank on line merchant accounts shaved womens pussy Hair+loss+vitamin+deficiency hair loss tips Teenage weight loss success stories

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Incorporation service low cost business Homeopathic for cholesterol software affiliate program Lamictal 200 mlg lopid and zocor Descriptions of perfumes Timeshare outer banks north carolinia digital camera How passengers choose airlines Agra oklahoma aston martin cars for sale

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home